Thursday, November 20, 2014

Wood slices


Since I saw these on Pinterest five months ago I immediately decided I should have some in my home. My father was kind enough to make plenty of them, different in size and thickness. My personal favorites are these on which I can put a cup of hot coffee or a vaze of roses, as you can see :)

They are pretty easy to make - you just need a piece of wood for a fire place in desired diameter and shape (round, preferably) and the right instrument (ask your man for these ha-ha). Then you need to preserve the slice with wood lacquer in order to kill the bugs inside and to have it shiny for a long time. 

After that it's finally in to you for what purpose you will use them - coffee server, as I said, hot dish pad, decoration feature, etc. I now plan to incorporate them in my Christmas themed decoration, the beginning of which you can see on the last picture.

Do you like these types of natural decorations and do you have wood in your interior?










2 comments:

  1. Мммм, любимата ми снимачна площадка за лакомства :) Разрез от дънер. Имам няколко съвсем малки, големите ми останаха в София. До селото ни има дъскорезница и нямаш идея колко пъти се облизвам на сеченията на трупите. Някой път ще се спра и помоля за някое друго колело... :)
    Много красиви снимки, Ани :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Благодаря ти! Късметлийка си, значи :)
    На мен мечтата ми е няколко разреза от големи трупи един върху друг за холна маса, но още не знам откъде и как ще я реализирам :)

    ReplyDelete